01. To mean ______ something and ______ something actually are two different things.
A. to do, to do B. doing, doing C. to do, doing D. doing, to do
02. After describing the planned improvements, she went on ______ how much they would cost.
A. to explain B. explaining C. to be explaining . having explained
03. I’ll have to change my clothes before I go out—I don’t want ______ like this.
A. to see B. to be seeing C. to be seen D. being seen
04. David is said ______ in computers there, but I don’t know how his business is going on.
A. to have dealt B. to deal C. to be dealing D. being dealt
05. ______ out more about our products, fill in the form and send it to us at the address ______ below.
A. Finding, giving B. To find, given C. Finding, given D. To find, giving
06. I arrived at the shop ______ I’d left all my money at home.
A. only to find B. only finding C. only found D. only having found
07. ______ matters worse, he refused to apologize.
A. Making B. To make C. To be making D. Make
08.—Don’t spill any of that paint, will you? —I’ll try ______.
A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not do
09. When you’re learning to drive, _____ a good teacher makes a big difference.
A. have B. having C. and have D. and having
10. ______ knowledge is one thing but ______ able to communicate it to others is another thing.
A. Have, be B. Having, being C. Have, being D. Having, to be
11. Imagine ______ the answer to such an easy question!
A. not to know B. not knowing C. don’t know D. knowing not
12. She didn’t want to _____ a secretary all her life, so she went back to college.
A. go on being B. go on to be C. go to be D. go being
13. We should have insisted ______ his calculations, but it’s easy to be wise after the event.
A. checking B. to check C. on checking D. in checking
14. After being ill I didn’t feel like ______ but I managed ______ something down.
A. eating, to force B. to eat, to force C. eating, forcing D. to eat, forcing
15. Anyone ______ bags, boxes, or whatever, was stopped by the police.
A. seen carry B. seen carrying C. saw to carry D. saw carrying
16. When he became famous, he often had people ______ him in the street and ______ for his autograph(签名).
A. stopping, asking B. to stop, ask
C. stopping, to ask D. to stop, asking
17. ______ a hotel, we looked for somewhere to have dinner.
A. Finding B. To find C. Having found D. To have found
18. A man rushed past and jogged her elbow, ______ the bag.
A. making her drop B. to make her dropped
C. making her dropping D. to make her dropping
19. ______ bitten twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we chained our dog up.
A. Being B. To be C. Having been D. Have been
20. “We can’t go out in this weather,” said Bob, ______ out of the window.
A. looked B. looking C. to look D. having looked
21. She read the letter through before sending it, ______ for spelling mistakes.
A. checked B. to be checking C. checking D. having checked
22. My father scolded me, ______ that he had told me to review my lessons and I shouldn’t idle my time away like that.
A. saying B. said C. to say D. having said
23. ______ the rope with one hand, he stretched out the other to the boy in the water.
A. Holding B. Held C. To hold D. To be holding
24. She couldn’t make herself ______ above the noise of the traffic.
A. hearing B. to hear C. hear D. heard
25. Passengers are requested to remain ______ until the aircraft comes to a complete stop.
A. seating B. seated C. to seat D. being seated
01—05 AACCB 06—10 ABABB 11—15 BACAB
16—20 ACACB 21—25 CAADB