Nobody to come tomorrow, we will have to put off the meeting till next week. 如果明天没有人来，我们将把会议推迟到下周。
So many people to help him, he is sure to succeed. 有如此多的人来帮助他，他一定会成功的。
We divided the work, he to dean the window and I to sweep the floor. 我们分了工，他擦窗户，我扫地。
She ran up to me, her hair flying in the wind. 她向我跑来，秀发在风中飘扬着。
We explored the caves, Peter acting as a guide. 由彼得作向导，我们探查了那些洞穴。
We redoubled our efforts, each man working like two. 我们加倍努力，一个人干两个人的活。
Their room was on the third floor, it’s window overlooking the sports ground. 他们的房间在三层楼上，窗户俯视着操场。
Everyone helped, John not excepted. 大家都来帮忙，约翰也不例外。
All our savings gone, we started looking for jobs. 积蓄全部用完了，我们就开始找工作。
This done, they next set to clean the room. 做完这件事之后，他们接下来就开始清理房间。
She gazed, her hands clasped to her breast. 她凝视着，双手叉在胸前。
1. I send you 100 dollars today, the rest _________ in a year.
A. follows B. followed C. to follow D. being followed
2. All things _________, I think we ought to give the job to George.
A. considered B. considering C. to consider D. being considered
3. The river _________ in the night, the crossing was impossible.
A. to rise B. rose C. having risen D. being risen
4. More time _________, we should have done the job much better.
A. to give B. give C. being given D. given
5. We shall play the match tomorrow, weather _________.
A. permets B. permitting C. to permit D. permitted
6. The monitor _________ ill, we’d better put the meeting off.
A. being B. to be C. been D. to have been
7. An important lecture _________ given tomorrow, the professor has to stay up late into the night.
A. to be B. being C. been D. to have been
8. He was lying on the grass, his hands _________ under his head.
A. to cross B. crossed C. crossing D. to be crossing
9. Tom _________ late over and over, his boss was very disappointed.
A. having been B. been C. to be D. to being
10. Other things _________ equal, I would buy the black dress not the white one.
A. being B. to be C. been D. having been
【参考答案】1—5 CACDB 6—10 AABAA