1. I wanted to phone you _______________I didn’t have your number.
2. Mum was ill, _____________ Mary called the doctor for her mother.
3. Shall we go now ______________ wait until your mother comes?
4. These shoes don’t fit me. They’re ___________ too big ___________ too small.
5. Jim didn’t come to school yesterday, _______________ he was ill.
6. They haven’t decided______________ to go or not.[来源:学科网ZXXK]
7. I won’t go to bed_______________ I finish my homework.
8. Mum was cooking ________________ I got home.
9. Hurry up, ___________ you’ll catch the bus.
10. He worked_____________ hard ____________ he passed the exam.
( )1. I’ll wash the dress______________ you can wear it.
A. so that B. since C. though D. until
( )2. Tomorrow we’ll go to the City Park______________ it is sunny.
A. as soon as B. when C. if D. as
( )3. —Do you know __________ I could pass the exam?
—Sorry, I have no idea.
A. that B. whether C. what D. which
( )4. It has been eight years ____________ we saw each other last time.
A. since B. before C. after D. when
( )5. I hardly knew anything about it ___________ you told me.
A. since B. after C. until D. when
( )6. —How do you like this skirt?
—It’s beautiful and it fits me well, ___________I like it very much.
A. but B. for C. so D. since
( )7. I really want to have a pet dog, ____________ my father won’t let me have one.
A. or B. so C. and D. but
( )8. —Why hasn’t Mr Li come to work today?
— ______________ he has gone to Beijing to have a meeting.
A. If B. Until C. Though D. Because
( )9. She worked so quietly___________ no one knew she was there.
A. which B. after C. that D. as
( )10. —What do you think of the book about Harry Potter?
—I like it very much. It’s_________ interesting _________exciting.
A. neither, nor B. not, but
C. not only, but also D. either, or
( )11. Mary was hit by a car _____________ she was riding her bicycle to the park.
A. when B. after C. until D. since
( )12. Because it is raining hard, __________we have to stay at home.
A. so B. but C. and D. 不填
( )13. Which is bigger, the sun ___________ the moon?
A. or B. and C. but D. so
( )14. We’ll never give up our plan happens.
A. however B. whatever
C. whenever D. wherever
( )15. I enjoy the popular hip-hop, but_________ my father________ my mother likes it.
A. both, and B. not only, but also
C. either, or D. neither, nor
( )16. —I don’t know___________ he will come tomorrow.
—Don’t worry. _____________ he comes, I’ll let you know.
A. whether; If B. if; Whether
C. when; Whether D. that; If
( )17. Study hard, ___________ you won’t catch up with your friends.
A. but B. or C. and D. so
( )18. You should make a good plan_________ you do anything important.
A. after B. though C. before D. until
( )19. I tried to call you________ I heard from him, but you were not in.
A. since B. while C. until D. as soon as
( )20. ___________ they are twins, they don’t look the same at all.
A. Because B. Though C. As D. Since
“What’s the matter, Mum?”
(1) _________________ I entered the door, I found that my mother was unhappy. It’s unusual — she usually opens the door and welcomes me with a smile! “She’s dying,” mum said sadly. She meant
(2) ______________ the tulip (郁金香), her favourite, was dying. A month ago, we moved into our new house and mum bought a very beautiful tulip. Mum liked it very much. Whenever she was free, she would sit in her armchair beside the tulip and enjoy its beautiful colour and pleasant smell.
She treated it like a baby (3)______________ looked after it carefully. She put the tulip by the window and moved it from one place to another to give the tulip enough sunshine. The first thing she did (4) ______________ she got up every morning was to water the tulip. Mum also fertilized (施肥) it many times.
She hoped that with great care, the tulip would become more and more beautiful. (5) _____________ the tulip was dying because of too much sunshine, water and fertilizer.
It’s true that mother loved the tulip. But this kind of love can be bad. Love can sometimes kill what you love.
Ⅰ. 1. but 2. so 3. or 4. either, or 5. because
6. whether 7. until 8. when 9. and 10. so, that
Ⅱ. 1-5 ACBAC 6-10 CDDCC
11-15 ADABD 16-20 ABCDB
Ⅲ. 1. As soon as / When 2. that / 不填 3. and
4. after 5. But