1（2010·南昌)Money is very important ________ it’s not the most important thing.
A．or B．and C．so D．but
2. Linda tried to become an excellent teacher, ________ at last she succeeded.
A．so B．or C．but D．and
3. （2010·铜仁)—May I go to the concert with you? —I’m afraid not ________ you have a ticket, because I have only one.
A．since B．if C．unless D．though
4. —Did you call Sara back? —I didn’t need to, ________ we’ll have a meeting together tonight.
A．though B．unless C．because D．if
5. (2010·无锡)Scientists say it may be a few years ________ it is possible to test the new medicine on patients.
A．because B．after C．before D．since
6. ________ scientists have done a lot of research on A (H1N1) flu, there are still some cases for further study.
A．As B．Once C．If D．Although
7. (2010·安徽)Bob promises to join in the football match ________ he has to help his parents on the farm.
A．if B．as C．unless D．when
8. (2010·河北)Peter likes reading a newspaper ________ he is having breakfast.
A．until B．while C．because D．though
9. (2010·河北)Jenny, put on your coat ________ you will catch a cold.
A．but B．and C．or D．so
10. (2010·哈尔滨)To make our dreams come true，we are supposed to set goals ________then try our best to achieve them. A．or B．and C．but
11. (2010·镇江)A tourist will easily lose his way in Beijing ________ he has a map or a guide.
A．if B．because C．unless D．when
12. (2010·苏州)We’ll visit Expo 2010 Shanghai this Sunday ________ it rains or it’s very hot.
A．since B．if C．unless D．until
13. (2010·广州)The teacher speaks very loudly ________ all the students can hear her.
A．so that B．because C．since D．when
14. (2010·宁夏)Bob is young, ________ he knows a lot.
A．because B．so C．but D．unless
15. —What do you think of this skirt? —It’s beautiful and it fits me well, ________ I like it very much.
A．since B．so C．but
16. (2010·宜宾)I don’t have to introduce him to you ________ you know the boy.
A．until B．unless C．since D．but
17. (2010·重庆)Jane, please turn off the lights ________ you leave the classroom.
A．after B．before C．until D．but
18. (2010·东阳)Stop smoking, ________ you will get better soon.
A．and B．or C．but D．after
19. (2010·荆州)—Why didn’t Betty come to school yesterday? —________ she was ill.
A．But B．Though C．If D．Because
20. (2010·河南)________ it’s difficult to make her dream come true，she never gives up.
A．Though B．Unless C．Because D．If
21. (2010·潍坊)You have to leave now ________ you can catch the early bus.
A．so that B．as soon as C．because D．if
22. (2010·鸡西)Usually, we don’t know how important something is ________ we lose it.
A．or B．until C．as soon as
23. (2010·广安)—Study hard, ________ you won’t pass the exam. —I see, Mum.
A．or B．and C．but
24. (2010·定西)She had a stomachache ________ she ate something bad.
A．so B．because C．or D．although
25. I need one more student to help me to carry the book. Please ask ________ Lucy ________ Lily to come.
A．neither; nor B．not only; but also C．both; and D．either; or
26. I can’t believe ________ a little girl can write ________ many books.
A．so; so B．such; such C．so; such D．such; so
27. —I heard that Linda moved to London and found a new job there.
—Yes. She works there ________ she can see her parents more often.
A．until B．as soon as C．so that D．when
28. —I would go with him ________ I were here.
—You mean you would go with him no matter ________ he agrees or not?
A．if; if B．if; whether C．whether; if D．whether; whether
29. Help others whenever you can, ________ you’ll make the world a nicer place.
A．and B．or C．unless D．but
30. ________ hamburgers are junk food, many children like them.
A．If B．Unless C．Because D．Although
31. ________ Switzerland is very small, ________ it is the land of watch and it is very rich.
A．Though; but B．Because; so C．Because; / D．Though; /
32. I don’t like bread. I won’t eat it ________ I am very hungry.
A．if B．when C．as D．unless
33. ________ Tom ________ Mary speaks good Chinese, so they can communicate with these Chinese students very well.
A．Neither; nor B．Not only; but also C．Both; and D．Either; or
34. You’d better look up the new word in a dictionary ________ you don’t know it.
A．if B．that C．though D．whether
35. —Listen! It is still noisy in the head teacher’s office.
—Go and see ________ they have finished correcting the papers yet.
A．though B．whether C．unless D．while
36. Don’t forget to wash your hands ________ you have meals.
A．until B．before C．when D．while
37. Tom knew nothing about it ________ his sister told him. A．since B．if C．until
38. My uncle has been taught in this school ________ he was twenty years old.
A．since B．for C．until D．after
39. —What is our head teacher like, do you know? —Oh, he is very kind ________ he looks very serious.
A．because B．though C．if D．when
40. —Would you like to go bike riding with us tomorrow? —Sure, ________ I am busy.
A．since B．unless C．when D．until
41. —What do you like doing after class? —I like not only reading ________ painting.
A．and B．but also C．or D．for
42. The kids didn’t start to fly kites in the playground ________ the rain stopped.
A．if B．until C．whenever D．since
43. The art club is for members only. You can’t go in ________ you are a member.
A．unless B．because C．if D．though
44. ________ you don’t go to bed earlier, you will feel tired in the morning.
A．Unless B．If C．Though D．Until
1-5 DDCCC 6-10 DCBCB 11-15 CCACB 16-20 CBADA 21-25 ABABD
26-30 DCBAD 31-35 DDBAB 36-40 BCABB 41-44 BBAB