形容词后的从句大总结(收藏版)

英语中,有一部分形容词后面可以跟从句,有时好像是形容词后带的宾语从句,有时也表示引起某种情绪的原因、条件等。引导这些从句的that有时可以省去,从句有时也可以被其它句子成分隔开。现在,我把可以跟从句的常见形容词总结如下,供大家学习时参考。

  1. afraid, angry, anxious(从句用should+原形,should可以省去), aware:

She was too afraid Grandma would leave and there would be no one to take care of us. 她深怕外婆会离开,那样的话,就没有人照料我们了。

People are angry that companies and other organizations know so much about them. 公司和其它组织对人们了解这么多,人们非常生气。

They are especially anxious that you should come. 他们尤其想让你来。

We were anxious that there be no misunderstanding. 我们都盼着不再有误解。

They were anxious that you should return. 他们都盼着你归来。

He was very anxious that the meeting the following day should be a success.他希望第二天的会议开得成功。

I am anxious that nobody should know where I am going. 我不想让任何人知道我要去哪儿。

We are anxious that he (should) do his bit. 我们都希望他能尽到自己的本分。

Nearly every American is aware that Type A people are impatient, driven and easily moved to hostility and anger. 几乎每个美国人都知道,A型的人没耐心,易受他人指使,容易产生敌意和愤怒。

I’m quite aware how you must feel. 你的感觉如何,我相当清楚。

Are you aware that there is a difficulty? 你知不知道有件难事?

We must be clearly aware that English is more and more important. 我们必须清醒地认识到,英语越来越重要了。

But in the meantime, they are well aware that they can control their own thought and actions. 但是,与此同时,他们很清楚自己可以控制自己的思想和行为。

  1. certain, confident:

It isn’t quite certain that he will be present at the meeting. 他会不会出席这次会议还不太肯定。

I was certain that he had seen me. 他肯定看见了我。

We are certain that he will get over his illness. 我们肯定,他的病会好的。

I am not certain whether he will come. 我不太肯定他是否会来。

I am very homesick, so you may be certain I will hurry all I can. 我很想家,因此,你可以肯定我会一切从速的。

I am not certain who he is. 我不能肯定他是谁。

Though she had not seen him for nearly 23 years, Mrs. Fleckenstein was certain she recognized the man. 尽管弗莱克斯坦太太有近二十三年没看见那个人了,但她肯定她认出了他。

He was quite certain the man in the photo was Stevens. 他相当肯定,照片上的那个人就是史蒂文斯。

I’m certain I heard old Mr. Wigden chuckle over my shoulder as I swabbed down the last tank.. 擦洗干净最后一个水箱时,我想我是听到了老威格登先生咯咯的笑声。

Yet she felt certain, after a while, that she was traveling the same streets over and over. 可是过了一会儿,她清楚地感觉到,她正一遍又一遍地走过相同的街道。

We are certain, however, that by the end of 1590 he had joined a group of actors and had started writing plays. 然而,我们可以肯定的是,到1590年年底他已经加入了一个演员小组,并且开始了戏剧创作。

And I am certain, from the flush of emotion I felt when I looked at Justin’s face, that this snapshot will always be passionately colored in my memory. 从我看贾斯廷脸时所涌起的感情来看,我敢肯定,这个形象将一直成为我脑海中闪光的记忆。

We are confident our Chinese comrades will win the victory. 我们相信我们中国同志会赢得胜利的。

I am confident you would succeed as a lawyer. 我相信你能成为一名好律师。

She was fairly confident that she would find work. 她相信她还是能找到工作的。

He is quite confident that he will pass the examination. 他相信自己一定能通过这次考试。

Stauffenberg was confident that it would blast Adolf Hitler to pieces. 斯德芬伯格相信,炸弹会把阿道夫·希特勒炸得粉身碎骨。

They were confident, as they well might, that the experiment would be a success. 他们相信,并且也确有理由相信,这次试验一定会成功。

  1. delighted:

We are delighted that the production plan has been fulfilled ahead of schedule. 生产计划提前完成,我们感到高兴。

  1. disappointed:

He was disappointed that the other guests were not coming. 其他客人没有来,他很失望。

I am disappointed that you cannot come.  你来不了,我很失望。

  1. fearful:

We were fearful that she might harm herself.  我们担心她会伤害自己。

The playwright was fearful that his first opening would be a failure. 那位剧作家担心他的第一出戏会失败。

“Dancing!” she boomed. I cringed, fearful that someone might overhear.“跳舞!”她大声说。我畏缩了,恐怕有人会无意中听见。

Watching my face, she snatched the poem from me and returned it to her purse, as though fearful I was going to destroy it. 她瞧着我的脸,把诗从我手中抢回装进手提包,似乎怕我把它撕碎。

  1. filled, fascinated:

As I walked up the stairs to the second floor of the library, I was filled with joy that I had succeeded in learning how to use my school’s library. 上到图书馆二楼的时候,我满心欢喜,我已经学会了使用学校的图书馆。

I began to play with it and became fascinated that I could reflect light into dark places where the sun would never shine—deep holes, crevices, dark closets. 我开始玩这个镜片,并渐渐被它吸引住了:我能把光线反射到太阳照不到的地方——深坑、缝隙和黑屋子里。

  1. glad:

I’m so glad you’re here, Jack.  杰克,你能来我真是太高兴了。

I am glad you have come. 你来了我很高兴。

I’m so glad I found you in. 发现你在家我太高兴了。

She was very glad that she had controlled herself. 她非常高兴她有了自控能力。

I’m glad that you are here. 我很高兴你能来这儿。

I’m glad they didn’t let me have one at any of the other places. 刚才在别处他们不肯卖给我,现在我倒为此感到高兴。

I am especially glad that Bob decided to come to the party because I hadn’t seen him for several months. 我尤其高兴的是鲍勃决定参加这个晚会,因为有好几个月我没有见到他了。

  1. happy, hopeful, hurt:

I am glad and I am happy that I will see Nasser. 我很高兴,也非常愉快的是,我要见到纳塞了。

I am so happy that you could visit us. 你能看我们我太高兴了。

They were very happy that the war was over now. 当时战争结束了,他们非常高兴。

She was very happy where she was. 她无论走到哪儿都很高兴。

I am hopeful that we shall win the race. 希望我们能在这次赛跑中取胜。

I am still hopeful that he will come. 我仍然希望他会来的。

I’m hopeful that he’ll arrive early. 希望他能早点儿来。

The team is hopeful that it will win the championship. 这个队有希望得冠军。

Laure is hopeful that her career as a trainer will be successful. 劳拉驯马的事业有望成功。

He was disappointed and hurt that I had not gone to the  Abruzzi. 我没有去艾勃如兹,他既失望又伤心。

One Sunday these two girls went shopping together, leaving Erin hurt that she hadn’t been included. 有个星期天,这两个女孩儿一块儿去购物,埃里茵却没能去,这让她非常伤心。

  1. miserable:

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to finish only half of what it had been made to do. 可是,那个可怜的破罐对自身的缺陷感到羞耻,它很难受它只能完成一半的任务。

  1. pleased:

I’m very pleased you’ve decided to come.  你决定要来,我很高兴。

Secretly he was pleased that Jennie should have this chance. 杰妮能有这样好的机会,他从内心里感到高兴。

On their arrival, they were greeted politely by the manager, who said he was pleased that they could have No.342, one of the hotel’s best rooms. 他俩一到,就受到经理的接待。经理说,他很高兴他俩可以住进342房间,也就是旅馆最好的房间之一。

I’ve learned English for five years and I’m pleased I made the effort. 我已经学了五年英语,对其间所作出的努力非常满意。

The Government ordered that all sailors must be vaccinated before they went to sea, and the doctors of the Royal Navy were so pleased that there was no more smallpox in the ships that they gave Jenner a gold medal. 政府命令所有的水手出海之前都要种牛痘,皇家海军的医生对船上没有了天花太高兴了,他们给杰纳颁发了一枚金牌。

  1. proud:

She was proud that they did all the preparation work themselves. 她很自豪,他们所有的准备工作都是独立完成的。

  1. satisfied:

She is quite satisfied now that his letter has come. 他终于来信了,她相当满意。

He is satisfied that what must be done has been done. 必须做的都做了,他很满意。

  1. sorry:

My wife will be sorry that you can’t come. 你要不来,我妻子会遗憾的。

I’m sorry (that) Peter was injured in an automobile accident. 皮特在一次车祸中受了伤,我对此感到非常不安。

I am so awfully sorry that this has occurred. 发生这样的事情我真是太抱歉了。

He was sorry that he had to leave. 他为不得不离去而深表遗憾。

Mr. John Dashwood told his mother again and again how sorry he was that they were going to be so far from Norland. 约翰·达什伍德先生一遍又一遍地告诉母亲他是多么地遗憾,他们要离诺兰德这么遥远。

  1. sure:

I am sure smoking hurts you. 我敢肯定抽烟损害了你的健康。

I’m sure he meant well. 我敢肯定他是好意。

I feel sure we have disturbed you at your work. 我觉得我们确实打扰了你的工作。

I was not sure what I ought to do. 我真说不准该怎么办。

I’m not sure that this conference is as good as last year’s. 我不敢肯定这次会议和去年的一样好。

I’m not sure why he wants it. 我说不了他为何想要它。

I’m not sure where she lives. 她住哪儿我可没把握。

I am not sure whether the work you mention is still in print. 你提到的作品出版没出版,我没有把握。

He never felt sure how he ought to handle Miss Matfield. 他从来就拿不准该怎样对待梅特菲尔德小姐。

She was sure he was her son. 她肯定他就是她的儿子。

I am sure (that) he will come. 我肯定他会来。

I am not sure that he is the man we need. 我不敢肯定他就是我们需要的那个人。

Are you sure it was when his brother came in that he pretended to be reading? 你敢肯定他哥哥进来时他假装在看书吗?

After Mexico City, people were sure that Bikila’s days as a marathon runner were over. 墨西哥城赛事之后,人们肯定比克拉当马拉松选手的日子到头了。

They thought that they had learned how to send a man safely into space, but they wanted to be sure that they were right.  他们认为已经学会了如何把人安全地送入太空,但他们想要确保那样做的正确性。

  1. surprised:

You’ll be surprised how good you feel. 你会吃惊于你的感觉是多么的好。

Were the Youngs surprised their picture was in the paper? 扬他们几个对他们的照片登在报纸上感到吃惊吗?

She seemed a little surprised that I should know it, but replied, “Quite true.” 他好像有点吃惊我会知道这事儿,可还是回答道,“相当真实。”

The old man was full of admiration and surprised that a man could play so well. 那位老人满是羡慕之情,他吃惊于一个人能演奏得这么好。

I’m surprised that he should have refused to help me when I needed it most. 我非常吃惊,在我最需要的时候他竟然拒绝帮我。

Suddenly surprised to me that I didn’t even ask the name of the caller when he hanged up. 突然令我吃惊的是,那人挂电话时我竟然连他的名字也没有问。

  1. thankful:

Her fingers were frozen, the wind was so sharp it caused her eyes to water, but she ran on through the darkened streets, thankful there was something she could do to put things back the way they once were. 双手冻僵了,尖利的风吹得她泪流不止,可她还是在黑暗的大街上前行着,同时心怀感激,终于能够做些事情让生活回复到以前的模样。

  1. unhappy:

I really think I should have been invited to the meeting. I’m very unhappy that I wasn’t. 我确实认为我应该被邀请出席那次会议。我很不高兴的是我没有被邀请。

  1. upset:

But many adults get upset that their plans have been interrupted. 可是许多成年人都感到为难,他们的计划又被打破了。

  1. well:

We are very well where we are. 我们目前的处境(位置)很好。

20.worried:

My mum was worried that I would get lost in Beijing since I had never been there before, so I was shown some pictures of the big modern city. 妈妈担心我以前没去过北京会在那儿迷路,所以就让我看了这个现代化城市的一些照片。

另外:busy, worth, happy 这些词后可跟doing:

He is busy preparing for the final examination. 他正忙着为期末考试作准备。

The question is worth discussing. 这个问题值得讨论。

She was happy living in the capital. 她很高兴住在首都。

Leave a Reply

电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注