一是考查强调句型的基本结构，即“It is + 被强调成分 + that / who +其他部分”；
二是考查强调句的疑问句形式，如强调句的一般疑问句形式为“Is it + 被强调成分 + that / who +其他部分”以及特殊疑问句形式为“疑问词+is it that+其他部分”；
三是考查not…until…的强调形式“It was not until….that….”。如：
It was from Betty that he first heard the news. 这消息他最早是从贝蒂那里听到的。
Was it you who broke the window? 窗子是你打破的吗?
It was not until the rain stopped that they started. 直到雨停他们才出发。
How long ago is it that you last saw her? 你上次看见她是多久以前的事?
e.g. It is I who am right．
e.g. It is he who is wrong．
e.g. It is the students who are lovely．
2．即使被强调成分是句子中的时间状语，地点状语，原因状语等，也不能用when，where, because，要用 that。
E.g. It was after the war was over that Einstein was able to come back to his research work again .
E.g. It was in front of the bank that the old lady was robbed．
E.g. It was because of the heavy rain that he came late．
It was from him，his chemistry teacher，that Paul learned to watch carefully in class．
It was he that helped me yesterday.
It was me that he helped yesterday.
lt was the things and people that they remembered that they were talking about．
- It wasn’t until nearly a month later _____ I received the manager’s reply. (全国卷I)
- since B. when C. as D. that
- It is what you do rather than what you say _____matters (天津卷)
- that B. what C. which D. this
3.— _____ that he manage to get the information.
—Oh, a friend of his helped him. (山东卷)
- Where was it B. What was it C. How was it D. Why was it
- It was _____back home after the experiments. (湖北卷)
- not until midnight did he go B. until midnight that he didn’t go
- not until midnight that he went D. until midnight when he didn’t go
- It is these poisonous products _______ can cause the symptoms of the flu, such as headache and aching muscles. (上海)
- who B. that C. how D. what
- It was for this reason _______ her uncle moved out of New York and settled down in a small village. (上海春)
- which B. why C. that D. how
- It is the ability to do the work _______ matters not where you come from or what you are. (全国卷)
- one B. that C. what D. it
- It was not until he came back ______ he knew the police were looking for him.
- which B. since C. that D. before
- It was what he meant rather than what he said ______ annoyed me.
- which B. as C. what D. that
- It was his nervousness in the interview ______ probably lost him the job.
- which B. since C. that D. what
- It is the ability to do the job ______ matters not where you come from or what you are.
- one B. that C. what D. it
- It was in the small house ______ was built with stones by his father ______ he spent his childhood.
- which, that B. that, which C. which, which D. that, where
- It was lack of money, not of effort, _____ defeated their plan.
- which B. as C. that D. what
- It might be I, who have caused the accident, ______ to answer for it.
- which is B. what are C. that are D. that am
- “How was ______ they discovered the entrance to the underground palace?” “Totally by chance.”
- it that B. he that C. it when D. he which
9.—Who are making so much noise in the garden?
—______ the children.
- It is B. They are C. That is D. There are
- It’s so long since it rained ______ the river-bed is dry.
- when B. before C. that D. because
- It was when she was about to go to bed ______ the telephone rang.
- since B. as C. that D. then
- It may have been at Christmas ______ John gave Mary a handbag.
- before B. who C. that D. when
- Who was it ______ saved the drowning girl?
- since B. as C. that D. he
答案：1—5 CDCBA 6—10 CDAAC 11—13 CCC